Recipe for Yam & Bacon Soup
Yam - 8 cups, cubed & peeled
Bacon - 1/4 of a 1 lb package of free range bacon chopped into half inch pieces
Onions - 3/4 cup of diced onion
Coconut cream -500 ml
Chicken bone broth - 750 ml
Fresh Garlic - 1 tbsp
Dry ginger -1/2 tbsp
Mixed Italian herbs. 1.5 tsp
Coconut oil - 1 tsp
Salt, pepper add to taste
1) In a pan on low - medium heat, sauté onions in coconut oil, slowly until they start to turn brown.
2) Add chopped bacon, and turn up the heat. Once the bacon is cooked and has nice dark colour, add in your stock (get fancy and call it "deglazing" the pan!)
3) Add the rest of your ingredients and cook for 30 minutes.
4) Set aside and cool
5) Grab a stick blender or empty all ingredients into food processor and blend!
6) Season to taste
7) Brag to your friends about your new master paleo kitchen skills.
You should end up with about 2.5 Liters of soup.