On Thursday, November 18th, I gave a 1.5hr talk on mastering the basics of a nourishing diet. I taught the audience how to make grass-fed ghee, chicken bone broth, and creamy almond milk.
I had a ton of fun! Those who came were also treated to lunch. We served up a cream and smoky yam and bacon soup. Everyone wanted the recipe, so here it is!
You can download the PDF version of the recipe with printable grocery list too! Grab that here.
This soup is super easy to make! You get about 2.5 liters with this recipe, be sure to put the extra in the freezer on the days you don't feel like cooking!
Recipe for Yam & Bacon Soup
1) In a pan on low - medium heat, sauté onions in coconut oil, slowly until they start to turn brown.
2) Add chopped bacon, and turn up the heat. Once the bacon is cooked and has nice dark colour, add in your stock (get fancy and call it "deglazing" the pan!)
3) Add the rest of your ingredients and cook for 30 minutes.
4) Set aside and cool
5) Grab a stick blender or empty all ingredients into food processor and blend!
6) Season to taste
7) Brag to your friends about your new master paleo kitchen skills.
You should end up with about 2.5 Liters of soup.
Comments will be approved before showing up.